Monday, July 13, 2009

The excitement builds as we get closer to liftoff!

You know I never imagined the excitement I would feel for this RV trip. We are about 4 days away and I just cannot wait. I have very much looked to vacations in the past but I feel especially excited about this one. 2 years of planning and its almost here. The packing has begun and the lists are getting checked off. I am trying to pack very efficiently (ignore anything Ken tells you about my packing habits) There is a small closet in the RV and I have found that for my warm clothes, I can fit 2 pairs of pants and 2 sweatshirts on one hanger. I am a genius!! Everything else will be packed very efficiently as its just shorts, tops and bathing suits. I did buy 4 new pairs of shoes and will work to sneak these past Ken. Hey there was a buy 1 get 1 for 1 cent flip flop sale!! What can a girl do?
Ken and I worked on menus this weekend and picked the 3 meals that we will be preparing on this trip. All will be done in a Dutch Oven. This will be very much fun. I also look forward to the meal that Charlotte will be preparing in her home made box oven. We will be King and Queen of the Dutch Oven. Look out Dinner Club, this may be the theme for our next gathering.
Charlotte finished the Kapers list but forgot to attach it to her e-mail. We are waiting for Bill Gates to finish giving her her lessons.
Speaking of Charlotte….. you may not know but she is quite the practical joker. We have gone on vacation with this family several times in the past and you do have to keep your eyes open. She may just slip a whoopee cushion under you as you sit down for an elegant dinner or remove your pillow case and cover your pillows in plastic bags and replace the pillow case. Just when you think you have outsmarted her, you turn around and there are 50 cows on you lawn! She is very sneaky. I may just have to hire airport security to search her luggage prior to our adventure. Stay tuned for tell of any shenanigans!
George, Charlotte, Steph and Chrissy made matching shirts for all of us and I cannot wait to see them. Well off for more packing…….

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment