Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Countdown: T-minus 2 Days

General late night shopping tips: Pick a store you are familiar with. Shop in the evening to avoid most crowds. Eat before you shop so you don't impulse buy. Bring a list and stick with it. Have a shopping expert on hand. Don't shop in groups of four!


Other shoppers at the Giant tonight hear the following:


"You can get those at Marrazzo's for 29 cents each."
"Are Potatoes on the list?" "Yes, but we don't eat them until Chicago, so let's buy them later."
"I need that in low salt."
"I need that in low fat."
"I need that in sugar free."
"I want that with salt, fat and sugar."
"I'm just here to push the cart."
"We're going on vacation together." (By way of explanation to another shopper.)
"I don't like cranberries."
"Can I buy these Animal Crackers?"
"We're going on vacation together." (Another shopper happened to walk by.)
"I don't like those."
"I prefer these."
"Those are on sale at Pathmark. Should I go there tomorrow?"
(A 45 minute discussion about what kind of hamburgers to buy...)
"If you three are up there, then I'm going to have to push both of these carts myself." (Beginning to sound a bit like whinning. I didn't think we brought the kids.)
"We're going on vacation together." (As if the checker asked.)
"We're going on vacation together." (As if the bagger asked.)
"We're gonna need a bigger RV."
"Don't put the heavy stuff on top of ... oh well."

And the grand total is: $363.96 ( with a Bonus Card saving of $60).

Well under budget ... for now.

Some pictures: (sorry for the graininess, I left my camera at home and had to use the cell phone.)


The start of shopping. Notice the smiles.

Which tuna should we buy? Chunk? Light? In water?


Ken and George drag racing.
Guys, really?


Another shopper takes our picture while listening to "We're going on vacation together."


The "Giant" receipt. (I always wanted to say that, and now it is true.)
Charlotte fell asleep.

Ken







No comments:

Post a Comment